Feeling overwhelmed about planning for your retirement? We're here to help you cut through all of the noise. We are your one stop shop for information on planning for your retirement. Have a question about retirement? Just ask! Because information should be free.
Conventional wisdom tells us to use the three-legged stool theory for retirement planning: (1) our 401(k), 403(b) or 457 plan, (2) income from social security and (3) our personal savings. But what happens when one leg of our stool is broken and another leg is completely missing?
Social Security recently announced to its trustee board that the social security fund will be depleted by 2034. Today, only an estimated 21% of Americans participate in a defined benefit pension plan where they are guaranteed to receive some sort of monthly benefit which means the rest of us, a whopping 79%, will have to rely on our 401(k), 403(b) or 457 plan to carry us through retirement.
Retirement is very personal. Once size does not fit all. Everyone deserves a retirement that gives them freedom and security. But do you know how much you need to save for retirement?
The information we provide is free. All that we ask is that you take the time to invest in your future by educating yourself on the nuances of retirement planning.
Your employer’s retirement savings plan is an essential part of your future financial security. It is important to understand how your plan works and what benefits you will receive. Just as you would keep track of money that you put in a bank or other financial institution, it is in your best interest to keep track of your retirement benefits
An income annuity is a contractual agreement between you and an insurance company. In exchange for a lump-sum premium, the insurance company promises to give you a steady, guaranteed paycheck for life or a certain period of time, a less common version of the product.
Starting a retirement savings plan can be easier than most business owners think. What’s more, there are many retirement programs that provide tax advantages to both employers and employees. Now is the time for you and your employees to start planning for retirement. As an employer, you have an important role in helping America’s workers save.
There are 2 main ways to get your Medicare coverage: Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) and Medicare Advantage. Learn about your Medicare coverage options.
Setting aside money can empower you to plan for the future and achieve your goals. While saving can be challenging for many reasons, taking small steps can make a difference.
When bills are piling up, it’s important to remember that you’re still in control. The small steps you choose to take can lead to big changes. These tools are designed to help you handle money emergencies,
As a representative payee or VA fiduciary there are many things you have to manage. In both these roles, you are a fiduciary. You’ll find brief tips to help you avoid problems and resources for finding more information.
When people talk about having “good” or “bad” credit they’re usually talking about their credit history or scores. Knowing how credit histories, reports, and scores work can help you take steps to build a positive record and control your future.
Like many people, you may never have been a guardian of someone else’s property before. This guide will help you understand what you can and cannot do in your role as a guardian. You’ll find brief tips to help you avoid problems.